The Prestige Medical Analog Stethoscope Watch is a medical tool that combines the traditional stethoscope commonly used in everyday medical practice, with a simple analogue watch.
A stethoscope is used to monitor or listen to the sounds of the body – this is known as auscultation. This tool can be used to hear the internal sounds of the human body, including organs such as the heart, the lungs and the intestinal track.
A stethoscope can also be used to hear the sounds and monitor the healthy heartbeats of developing fetuses in pregnant women.
Acting as a sort of hearing aid to help general practitioners understand the body better through sound; it can assess lung health, measure blood pressure, identify any heart murmurs, gallops or clicks and detect bruits. In a nutshell, a stethoscope is a tool which enables doctors to hear the qualms of the body.
An analogue watch in a practitioners’ room becomes endlessly helpful. This simple tool does so much more than inform the doctor of when his lunch break is… Although an analogue watch seems like a relatively basic tool, its necessity in the medical field in endless.
Time taken between certain tests, the time taken to administer a certain drug… these are vital to a doctor. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, medical practitioners use time to measure the health of certain organs. For instance, a doctor would use the time between heartbeats to determine any irregularities and so the health of their patient.
As such, Prestige Medical ingeniously combines these two medical tools to be used together. This means that the process of examining the body becomes significantly easier, and a lot less cluttered.
The Prestige Medical Analogue Stethoscope Watch allows nurses, general practitioners, other medical doctors, and even those doing basic first aid to understand the body better.
Listening to the heart beat through the stethoscope while having an analogue watch right on site can further help determine heart rate both in adults, and fetuses during pregnancy.
To properly asses the effectiveness of this product, we weighed up the pros and cons associated with the Prestige Medical Analog Stethoscope Watch…
- This is a multipurpose tool. It has many uses within the medical realm, as well as everyday life. General practitioners and surgeons will find in useful in determining the state of well-being in the body – including the heart, the lungs, the digestive tract and fetal well-being. Users at home can also use this tool to determine their heart rate, or do other self-checkups.
- It is easy to move anywhere. This material is light, compact, and can easily be worn around the neck of a medical doctor for its traveling from room to room.
- The watch is extremely accurate. The analogue watch has and hours, minutes and seconds hand – which makes it easy and convenient for the user. The watch also has a clearly marked 15 second quadrant, so that quick reading can be effectively taken.
- Allows for very easy and successful data collection. To analyze the health of a patient, this tool is particularly effective in helping a medical professional collect data such as heart beat per minute and lung health.
- The Prestige medical analog stethoscope watch is well within the budget of any practice or individual buying. The price varies depending on the style that you want. The price ranges from $13.80 – $16.57.
- The battery can die. The Prestige medical analog stethoscope watch is battery operated, which means that the battery of the watch needs to be replaces or recharged from time to time. This may present a minor inconvenience.
- The data measured is not always that easy to interpret. A tool such as the Prestige medical analog stethoscope watch depends on the user of the tool to understand the information given to them. For instance, this tool can help a doctor hear a heart murmur, but it is up to a doctor to identify what the problem is.
- The watch face, as well as the stethoscope may be damaged. As it consists of partially battery operated system, it may be electronically damaged.
Prestige Medical Analog Stethoscope Watch may have cons, but these are an inevitability within any medical equipment. This product proves itself a necessity in the medical field (and even in everyday life) through its raw practicality, and elegant simplicity.
The Prestige Medical Analog Stethoscope Watch is a sophisticated medical tool that is essential for all medical practices.
We’re hoping that this has helped in some way. If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comment section and we will be more than happy to help you out as much as we can.
- Nurse Theory. (2019). Advantages / Disadvantages of electronic stethoscopes – Nurse Theory. [online] Available at: https://www.nursetheory.com/advantages-disadvantages-of-electronic-stethoscopes/ [Accessed 9 Dec. 2019].
- Medical, P. (2019). [online] Amazon.com. Available at: https://www.amazon.com/Prestige-Medical-Analog-Stethoscope-Watch/dp/B001ULDADW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Prestige+Medical+Analog+Stethoscope+Watch&qid=1575908918&sr=8-2 [Accessed 9 Dec. 2019].
- Surgeryencyclopedia.com. (2019). Stethoscope – procedure, blood, tube, time, infection, operation, heart, types. [online] Available at: https://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/St-Wr/Stethoscope.html [Accessed 9 Dec. 2019].
- Inside PA Training. (2014). Tools of the Trade: The Stethoscope and How To Use It. [online] Available at: https://www.mypatraining.com/stethoscope-and-how-to-use-it/ [Accessed 9 Dec. 2019].
Categorised in: Accessories
All the best,
Jacy and Ryan (TMD Team)