As healthcare professionals, was there an instance that you need something to remind you of important numbers or levels? It can be really difficult to know the significance of data or the importance of new findings when you cannot remember the basics. That is why there are a lot of medical guides or what we call cheat sheets that is being sold now-a-days.
Different styles, different information but one goal in mind..that is to guide medical professionals in providing patients with the right care, at the right level, at the right time.
Let us go deep into understanding about medical cheat sheets..what is it and if they are really worth the buy.
What is a Medical cheat Sheet?
The medical cheat sheet comes in different varieties and forms and is geared toward helping you memorize and easily recall various medical terms and relevant tips. These materials are a convenient alternative to carrying notepads around and having to take notes all the time.
They are designed to save you some time and the stress of always jotting down relevant points and observations. Medical cheat sheets may come in different forms and from a number of manufacturers, but we’ve put together a few of which we believe you may find very handy and convenient to use.
As always we have put together a couple of products we recommend based on their quality and recommendation from other users. Kindly take a quick look at some these products..
1. ScrubCheats 2018 (by NRSNG)..
These are very portable reference cards full of relevant information; including table of contents, up to 7 sections with different colors and you also have access to some educational videos. It is designed to perfectly fit into your scrubs pocket allowing you to carry them around anywhere you go.
Features of the Product
Each pack comes with 56 full-color reference cards properly partitioned and easy to use. It comes with a storage box where you could keep the cards you may not need for the day and go with only the necessary ones. This makes it flexible enough, so you wouldn’t have to carry all 56 cards at once.
It has a heavy-duty lamination making it easy to clean with sanitary wipes, ensure it lasts long, and prevent any possible damage through liquid contact.
The card printing color is high resolution with quite an elegant finish, making it quite interesting and easier to read.
In these reference cards you’ll find subjects like; Cardiac, Respiratory, Neuro, Labs, Pharmacology, OB/Peds, Fundamentals, etc.
It’s also important to note that the company offers a lifetime warranty for this product. It weighs 8 ounces, is 1 inch thick and has the dimensions of 5.5 x 6.5 inches.
- Most users are happy that the product is properly loaded with essential information and at the same time perfectly fits into their scrubs pocket.
- The other user was amazed at some stuff included in the reference cards like ABG values, common ICU drips, EKG rhythms, and so much more.
- The other user says it’s been a lifesaver both during telemetry in the hospital and the respiratory lectures. She also highlighted that even the instructor in the respiratory lecture finds it very handy.
- One of the users rightly put that the cards would have been rated 5-stars if only the fonts were a little bigger, other than that he was completely satisfied with it.
- A lot of users highly recommend these reference cards; they are very useful, compact and lightweight. One of the users, however, complained about few wrong spellings but was still satisfied with every other thing in general.
2. NursingNotes (by Medical Basics)..
These NursingNotes are made up of 30 cards with printed material on both sides of the cards making a total of 60 prints in all. It comes with a badge reel, binder ring, and a card deck box.
Features of the Product
NursingNotes have very detailed reference sheets which cover topics related to critical care, nursing, lab values, EKG, medical equations, neurology, medical, Spanish, respiratory care, pharmacology, ICU, etc.
The cards are made of a waterproof plastic material which is durable and high in quality.
The color print is of a high resolution and coating based on the system for proper organization. It weighs 9.6 ounces, 1.5 inches thick, and has dimensions of 3.5 X 5 inches.
- Some users love the layout, which makes it easy to read.
- One of the nursing students said that she loved how each subject was carefully separated with different colors and would highly recommend it to other students.
- A user noticed a flaw in two of the cards; he said they weren’t properly printed.
- Most nursing students and nurses would find the cards very beautiful and useful.
3. Complete Nurse Horizontal Badge Card Sets (by Scrubs and Stuffs LLC)..
This is one of a series of reference cards produced specifically for nurses. It helps bring difficult to memorize information at your fingertips. It has tips printed on both sides and uses the entire printable area in order to maximize space.
Features of the Product
A set contains 13 durable cards made from waterproof material and is just as thick as a credit card.
The cards are printed on both sides with relevant subjects like; EKG diagram, Health care conversions, Drip charts, vital signs in adults, Reference diagrams, Lab values, Insulin pharmacokinetics, etc.
It weighs 0.96 ounces, is 1.2 inches thick, it has dimensions of 25.6 X 40.6 inches.
- A couple of nursing students have found this product to be very useful.
- CNAs also admit that the cards are quite relevant and worth the price.
- Some users believe the cards are more ideal for nursing students and not nursing professionals.
- One user found some duplicate content in one of the cards and another card was completely blank.
- A different user believes this is exactly what nervous nursing students need.
- One of the users love how detailed and portable the cards are, and highly recommends it.
These are a few of our carefully selected medical cheat sheets, and we hope you’ll find one or more of them very useful.
Overall, Medical cheat sheets may come in handy in emergency situations especially when you are brand new in your field. This may give you some confidence knowing that you have something to look into if in case you forgot something.
We’re hoping that this has helped in some way. If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comment section and we will be more than happy to help you out as much as we can.
Categorised in: Accessories
All the best,
Jacy and Ryan (TMD Team)